Lions & Tigers & Bears Oh My

Can you spot the mistake? - it's quite a major one. This is what sometimes happens when us quilters get over exited working on a project.
I finished putting this quilt top together and laid it out to consider how I wanted to quilt it.
Um......that's a strange way I've put those colours together I thought. 
Why did I put all the pink on one side of the quilt? That was an odd thing to do.
Then it hit me - I pieced the top in two halves - In my excitement to get the top completed I'd stitched and joined them together the wrong way around - Oh My!
There's no way I'm unpicking it - all the letters have been heat n bonded and stitched down. 
And there is hardly any of the fabric left to make new

So on to plan B

 I did have some flowers I'd cut out earlier and not used. 
I needed to bring some pink over to the left side.
I only had two Pink Flowers but visually odd numbers are better. 
So I'm using a yellow one as well. 
I've placed them so they highlight Lions, Tigers & Bears. 
I was tempted to try and make them into a lion, tiger and bear. But my Better Half told my I was over complicating it.

I'm making it to go in The Wizard of Oz exhibition that Swansea Quilters are putting on in the Waterfront Museum  Swansea as part of
  Swansea Festival of Stitch
August 5th - 19th


http://www.swanseafestivalofstitch.co.uk/



Comments

Deborah OHare said…
There are no mistakes. Just design possibilities.
The flowers are a great addition.
Joyofquilting said…
Thanks Deb, your right. I do listen to my quilts as I make them. They often turn out quite different to my original ideas. And this quilt wanted flowers on it;)
Joyofquilting said…
Thanks Deb, your right. I do listen to my quilts as I make them. They often turn out quite different to my original ideas. And this quilt wanted flowers on it;)

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Boro Bag

Boro Stitching - Needles & Threads

Boro Inspired Stitching