Boro Inspired Stitching

 Hello there my Stitching Friends. Today I want to share with you my latest Boro Inspired piece of work. 


I find this Traditional Japanese style of stitching wonderfully relaxing. It's based on need rather than decoration but still manages to produce a visually strong finished piece of work. 

I'm making my piece of Boro fabric into a Bag. But technically that's the wrong way around! Boro traditionally didn't start It's life as Boro. It slowly became Boro over years of daily use and mending.....

Boro is filled with lots of lovely Hand Stitching called Sashiko in thick thread often  contrasting the fabrics it covers. (Think basic running or quilting stitches.) This simple stitch intended to be functional also creates a fabulous visual impact.

Read my post on Boro Needles and Threads Here



The bag I'm making came from this  Boro Bag link

I've thoroughly enjoyed the project. So much so that I created a YouTube Video showing how I created this piece. You can click on This Link  to watch my YouTube video about making this piece of Boro.




I hope you enjoyed watching my Boro video.
Also I've made lots of helpful How To Stitching Videos. Check out my My YouTube Channel here
And I'm also

On other Social Media

So, what did you think of my Boro Video?

Are you tempted to give it a try?

Or, have you already made some Boro Work?

Let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Joy

Comments

Yvonne said…
Thanks Joy, I am ready to put my handle on and finish it off. Will you be doing another video to finish it off please.

Thanks x
Joyofquilting said…
Hi Yvonne. Mine is still at the handle stage, so I'll look at doing a little finish off video. Seems crazy it's been over a year since we were working on this project.

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Boro Bag

Boro Stitching - Needles & Threads