Crochet 2021

Crochet 2021

I learned to Crochet when I was about 13. 

I had been knitting for four or five years at that point, I was quite happy knitting,  but when I learnt to Crochet I completely dropped my needles in favour of The Hook. 

I think there was something about only having one stitch to contend with at a time that really appealed to me. I also found any shaping to be so straightforward compared to knitting. Now I will concede that the shaping in knitting is more refined. And a knitted jumper wins over a Crochet one most times. But my Crochet interests lay more with household accessories than garment making.
Over the years I have experimented with different Crochet makes. But I am at my most happiest making Bags, Shawls, Blankets and Throws. With a touch of Origarumi thrown in if my brain feels like a challenge.

A Brief  Pictorial History of My Crochet Endeavours 

I have put together a selection of my favourite makes over the last few years. So you can get a feel of my Crochet Style 

A selection of my Crochet Projects from String Bags to Baby Jacket
From bottom left: Floor Cushion, Sheep with Jumpers from Attic 24, String Shopping Bags, Tiny Crochet Hats with Pom Poms, 4 Crochet Mini Granny Kababs ready for The Beachwalk Blanket pattern by Woolthreadpaint and last but not least Sammy rockin his Crochet Jacket.

A selection of CROCHET projects

Bottom left up: A small Project Bag, V Stitch Blanket (close up), Hexagons, Baby Bunting (Kerry Jayne Designs), and Sammy in his Rainbow Blanket.

I rather like bright happy colours. 

I did make a Sampler Crochet Blanket with lots of different Stitches a few years ago. And while I like the finished Blanket, what I learnt from that experience was that my Heart belongs to the Basic Crochet Stitches. That's UK Treble,  Double and Single Crochet. 

Crochet is My Meditation. 


I find peace and comfort in the repedative motion of a project worked in one stitch. I can loose myself in my work. It calms and focuses me. 

My hope is that by sharing my creative endeavours you may be inspired on your own Stitching path.

My Current Project
Is The Beachwalk Crochet Blanket. Pattern by Woolthreadpaint
I'm about three quarters of the way thru it in this picture. 
The Beachwalk Crochet Blanket Pattern by Woolthreadpaint


I'm really enjoying the rhythm of making it. Now I'm not naturally a particularly organised person. But I knew this project needed a structured approach. Days of making up little Granny Squares followed by Days of adding them to the blanket and then a few days working rounds of Granny Stitching. And even though the overall look is random, each and every colour has it's exact place, so organisation is the key.  Enough variety to make it interesting, but not so much it makes it complicated. 

I have made a few How I Crochet Videos

These videos are intended to help those of you just beginning your Crochet Journeys. I don't profess to be an expert. I'm just a Crochet lover with many years of Stitching experience. I'll let you into a secret here, I'm Left Handed. Yes, I'm a lefty. But I think being a lefty has given me lots patience and problem solving skills. I'm so used to living in a right Handed world always having to adapt and work things out backwards. I understand the frustrations of learning a new skill. 
I have made both Left and Right Handed Videos for you when learning.

Fancy some very easy little Crochet Projects   

So, how is your Crochet 2021 going?

Are you a Beginner looking for inspiration?
Or a more Experienced Crocheter just surfing the Web checking out what's occurring in the wonderful world of Crochet?
Either way you'll find lots to help and inspire you on-line. 

I'm off now to continue adding 216 mini Grannies to my Beachwalk Blanket!

Thank you for taking time out of you day to visit my blog,   Joy

And Remember. It's not a race. Relax and Enjoy each Stitch.           

      




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Boro Bag

Boro Stitching - Needles & Threads

Boro Inspired Stitching