Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Welcome 2014

Well, my Quilty Friends, here we are in 2014.
I should be posting today on our first Monday Class of the new year.
BUT
Sometimes life gets in the way
AND
To kick the year off in real style - in the early hours of Monday January 6th our 3rd grandchild (1st grandson) was born. Which meant there was no Monday Class for me this week.
Isn't he gorgeous.
Our two grandaughters are 14 and 17 so we were ready for a new baby to fuss over.

That reminds me. I must finish the baby quilt I'm making him.
 I've still got to put his Alphabet Jungle quilt top onto the wadding and backing.


Isn't it funny how the new year creates a new buzz - everyone seems chipper, happy and ready for a new challenge.

BUT
Before we start any new class projects. Let's take just ONE U.F.O. and give it a little bit of love and attention.

Sew
Can I ask you to unpack one of your U.F.O.'s - take a good look at it. And ask yourself this question.
Do I want to finish this project?
Yes?
No?
Either way can I make a few suggestions?
Have you thought of changing the project?
For instance one of the log cabin tops I made earlier this - sorry - last year took a detour on it's journey and changed from a traditional quilt (top wadding and backing) into a fleece quilt.
A friend gave me a fleece and it was just the right colours for the log cabin top. So I simply tied and stitched the logcabin top onto the fleece, and it made a much appreciated Christmas pressie for my son-in-law.

You could downsize your u.f.o. making it into a smaller quilt, a few cushions a bag.........

OR how about taking your U.F.O. to your local quilt group and asking others what they might suggest you do with the project. Two heads are often better than one.

Sometimes you just need a little space before continuing a project and you u.f.o. may now fill you with inspiration to finish the project you began.
Whatever you decide is ok.
If you want to can pack it back up and put it away.
But
At least you've tried.

I'm off now to finish one of my u.f.o.'s - the baby quilt.
AND
Hopefully I'll be at Monday Class next week.

Yours in Stitches,
Joy x 






7 comments:

happydaysquilting said...

Congratulations! he looks so sweet :)

Mad about Craft said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your Grandson.

Hopefully, in the next 2 weeks we will be welcoming the arrival of our 1st grandchild, a boy too! (I've a quilt to finish for him too!)

Enjoy!

Joy Morgan said...

Yes Patricia, he is a Sweet William!

Joy Morgan said...

Such excitement for you - your first grandchild. I can tell you it's the best. All the joys of having children but you get to give them back when you've had enough!
What type of quilt have you made for him?

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Oh Congratulations Joy and family! how very exciting to have a new little one to make lots of quilts and gifts for :-)

He's a very handsome little boy too!

Ros said...

A lovely start to the New year.Well worth missing class for!
Our grandchild due in 5 weeks, so exciting...

Joy Morgan said...

Thanks for all you comments. Exciting times indeed!

01 10