Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Christmas Hearts Orniment - Free Tutorial - Monday Class

Hello there my Quilty Friends,
Love it or loath it (and I LOVE it) - 'tis the season to be jolly.....

Sew, we have kicked of this most wonderful time of the year with some machine stitched Christmas Hearts.


OK - they could be any time of year Hearts - but made up in Christmas fabrics they most definately are Christmas Hearts.

When I walked into 'Actual' Monday class this week, Christine (the caretaker) had just finished putting up the community centres Christmas Tree. And a little bird (Jean) had told her we were making Christmas Hearts this week. She knew because I had posted a sneak preview on Joyofquilting Facebook page.

Not being greedy, Christine asked for a mear 50 for the Christmas Tree!

Well, we made our Hearts in class and duly hung them on the tree - only 7 so far but lots more to come including the Hand Stitched Hearts we will be making next Monday.

But don't feel left out - I have made a video lesson for you.
Hope you like - and please let me know how you get on.

So far I've made a number of the individual hangings. One set of three - hanging together. 
And I'm working on a garland of them for my fireplace - pictures soooon.

Next week we will be making
Hand Stitched Hearts,
Meanwhile,
I remain yours in Stitches, Joy

2 comments:

Ros said...

Tree looks lovely! Steph the caretaker on duty on Mon evening loves them too.
Thank you Joy for your inspiration and making it such a fun group project.
Roll on all the Festivities.

Joyofquilting said...

Glad you enjoyed Ros. I'm looking forward to next week and the hand stitched hearts.

01 10