Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Baby quilt no. two - Spotlight Wednesday.

Ah, I'm feeling much better this week.
After binning baby quilt number one.

I attacked Baby Quilt number two with renewed energy.

And I am pleased to say.
1. I have loved making this quilt.
2 .It is completed.
3 .It has gone to it's new home.

Hooray!


Isn't if funny how different you can feel about a quilt.
The first one was hard work - Did I mention I hated it!
This one however has been a pleasure to work on.
Oh, that reminds me.
I made some videos on 'How I machine applique with blanket stitch'
Above is part one. Click on the arrow to play.
This is part two. Looking at me machine appliqueing 'a birds eye view'.
And this one is me showing you how to use a 'knee lifter' if you have one for your machine and have never tried it or got the hang of it.


Last Friday we went to Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre in Lampeter to see the Kaffe Fassett exhibition.
I've posted a few pictures on my Joyofquilting Face Book page if you fancy looking at his wonderful work.

That's it from me today. I'm all packed and ready to go to the Festival of Quilts in Birminham U.K. for a couple of nights. We are off first thing in the morning. So I'll tell you all about that next week.

Yours in Stitches,
Joy

3 comments:

Ros said...

Quilt looks lovely Joy. Will look at videos later...

Ros said...

Lovely Videos again, very clear!

Joy Morgan said...

Thank you Ros. Just hope it helps a few people.

01 10