Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Spotlight Wednesday - Over to You

Welcome my Quilty friends, today I'm going to turn the 'spotlight' around.

I have lots of plans and ideas for my blog. And it's going to take a while to implement them.
And in a way my plans and ideas should be never ending, otherwise what will I have to blog about.

I often I wish I were a year down the blogworld  line where I'd already have lots of my blog plans in place.
But perhaps the most exciting part should be the planning and the posting, and the comments and the learning. The whole dam journey in fact.


I'm always telling my quilty friends that there is no rush, no prize for the first to finish a project.
This is a hobby (usually) and as such should be enjoyed.

I'm not the fastest sewer. In fact in workshops I've realized I'm pretty slow.
BUT I thoroughly enjoy each step along the way.
I enjoy the learning, the friendship, the camaraderie, the fabric, the colours, the tea and cake.
AND
I also enjoy the meditative state of stitching on my own - enjoying the peace and quiet lost in my own thoughts, which may be about everything or nothing at all. Bliss.

Sew,
today I want to turn the spotlight on you.

When I'm writing a post, I'm thinking about you. I've built up a kind of blogworld quilter and she is a mixture of all the quilters I've ever known.
She has a warm, kind, friendly face. And depending what I'm writing about at the time - she changes. Sometimes she's a beginner. Sometimes she knows more than me.
She's a very flexible lady my blogland quilting lady.
(Sorry guys - it's nothing personal and I'd love to hear from a quilter guy. Just think I could invent a blogworld quilt guy. But my quilting experience to date has only been with quilty ladies).

Anyways, I digress:
My dear blogworld quilty friends (now that you've learnt how to comment)
Can you please tell me,

What are your thoughts?
What do you like about Joyofquilt? (I'll know to do more of that then)
What would you like to see/hear more of?

In other words, how am I doing for you?

Answers on a postcard please - just kidding, please comment below.

Thanks, yours in Stitches, Joy

3 comments:

Chris said...

My thoughts are much like yours really, i to love the company of others whilst sewing but then I also enjoy the peace and losing myself in my thoughts. Yours is the only blog that I read and follow so I ask myself why is this and I think the answer lies in that i like what you write and your style of writing is always light hearted and interesting. Your on to a winner because your writing about my subject, Sewing. Whatever, you do keep doing it because as far as I am concerned its something you do really well and I enjoy being a very small part of it. I look forward to thrice weekly report. I would however, like to thank you for all the time and effort that you put into your blog to make it interesting and fun.

Joy Morgan said...

Thank you Chris your lovely comments have really spurred me on.
I think/hope that I can recreate here the atmosphere we get in actual class.

Ros said...

Well said, Chris.

01 10