Friday, 31 May 2013

Kickback Friday -

Lazy week this week what with the Bank Holiday Monday so no Monday Class.  I have just chilled.

I have got on with the miniature quilt I am making for the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in August.

It’s not an award contender –  just a simple mini quilt.

A number of us, I think around eight have been persuaded to enter a miniature by our  Miniature mad friend Judith.
She gave each of us some Sheep fabric. The only choice we had was Blue Sheep or Red Sheep.

I chose Red Sheep.
20130528_143610
So far I’ve ‘fussy cut’ the sheep. Possibly not as fussy cut as I should have actually.
Stitched a redish border around each sheep. Added sashing and borders. And machine quilted it in the ditch.

So far so blah – it needs something more.

I’ve been playing with some threads and wool. I’ve come up with some ideas but nothing that impresses me much.

In other words, at the moment I’m a bit stuck with this quilt – any ideas will be gratefully received.

Meanwhile I’m going to put it on the back burner for a few days and see if inspiration strikes.

Sometimes, well quite often in my case – you can overthink things. When maybe you need to just let them be for a while.
So that’s the plan then - Let it be and Help!  There's a Beatles theme there somewhere!

Other news:

I’ve used the Best Press Ironing Spray Startch that I bought from Lady Sew & Sew in Malvern Quilt Show.
And I am pleased to report it is wonderful. It simply glides away stubborn creases in cotton fabric.
I’m well impressed and would recommend it. 

I’ve also been re-reading the instructions on the Marbling4Fun Kit we bought for class in Malvern.
Next Monday is the allotted day when I’m supposed to try this out in Actual Monday Class.

Hopefully next week I'll be posting pictures of Monday Class Mabling.

Todays video in honour of my Miniature endeavours is
Castle & Beckett's Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much
And remember, click on the pink links to find out more....
B.T.W. I'd never heard of Castle & Beckett - but I'm going to find out more now I've seen them.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Hope you enjoy,
and remember to send me any ideas you have to WOW up my miniature quilt,
Yours in Stitches, Joy 


No comments:

01 10