Monday, 15 April 2013

Monday Class - Adding Sashing to blocks

Hello and Welcome Quilty Friends,

In this weeks Monday Class we'll be covering adding sashing strips to your blocks.

But first I'd like to share with you some pictures Helen has posted on my Joyofquilting Face Book page of her logcabin blocks.


No prizes for guessing where Helen lives!

Helen has posted two further blocks on my F.B. page click here to take a look at them.
Thank you Helen for joining in and making these blocks up. I'm looking forward to watching what will feature on you centre squares next.

And if any of you fancy a look around Helen's blog, (and I highly recommend you do) click on this link Aunty Hennys.
Helen and I have only recently met, but we have discovered we have lots in common and have decided we must be Quilting Sisters!

OK, now onto today's subject.
Stitching blocks/rows together with sashing

 And
Stitching blocks/rows together with inserts and sashing.



I think because the blocks and the sashing are both pretty busy 
the little brown inserts just calm it all down.


And now onto todays video(s) - yes not one but two videos today.

The first one is 'how to add sashing to your blocks and rows'




And the second is 'how to add inserts/flaps to you sashing on blocks and rows'.

One tip - use your walking foot for adding inserts to ensure that all four layers move along equally.



I hope you enjoyed watching the videos, taking a look at my Facebook page and wondering around Helen's wonderful blog.

'Till Wednesday,
Yours in Stitches, Joy

p.s. remember is you need any help let me know and I'll do my best to help you.



1 comment:

Joy Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
01 10